You should remember these international laws as you might get into trouble if you are are a tourist/traveler. This would also help you if you are in a new country and about to make one of the following mistakes.
- In England, it's illegal to name your pet "Queen" or "Princess" without the Queen's permission.
- In Athens, Greece, driving on public roads while "unbathed" or poorly dressed can cost you your driver's license.
- If you aren't a member of the royal family in Japan, it's illegal for you to own a maroon car.
- If a man is wearing a hat in Cheshire, England, the law requires him to raise it when a funeral passes.
- In Equatorial Guinea, you can name your daughter anything you want - except "Monica".
- You can keep cows in sheds in the Northern Territories of Canada, and you can keep chickens in sheds. But you can't keep cows and chickens in the same shed (this is just plane weird to me).
- In India, women (but not men) are allowed to marry goats ( It sure sounds really bad to me)
- Old English law: if an object is smaller than a husband's little finger, he can beat his wife with it.
- In Canada, if a debt is higher than 25 cents, it's against the law for you to pay in pennies.
- In Vancouver, British Columbia, the speed limit for tricycles is 10 miles per hour.
- In Baluchistan, Pakistan, the law allows a man to "acquire" a wife by trading in his sister.
- Makes sense: in London, England, it's illegal to operate a motor vehicle while sitting in the back seat.
- In Australia, the pictures of convicted drunk drivers are published in newspapers with the caption, "He's drunk and in jail" (haha)
- Cigarettes are legal in Nicaragua; cigarette lighters aren't.
- My personal favorite: Boxing is illegal in China (too brutal); capital punishment isn't.
I hope that you had fun reading these. Please digg it if you like it as I am just new to digg.